Sunday, April 26, 2009

How Do You Make A Tortilla Choice?

It's been a few days since my last post. I have been working on the business plan, pricing, and sales forecasting, as well as doing research.

Over the last week, I have been hitting the grocery stores to see what tortilla products are on the market. How does the consumer know what is "good?" To trust just the label may not clearly state the product that it represents. Food manufacturers can use deceptive tactics when it comes to food labeling.

I was in Whole Foods Market, taking some tortilla notes on my iPod, when two women walked up. The younger said, "Oh, they must be out of them. They should be right here." Curious, I asked, "How do you know which one is good?" They proceeded to tell me which tortilla they were searching for and how great they were feeling since going gluten-free. The encounter was insightful, and it brought to my attention the gluten-free food boom. It's important to think about how this could affect our business.

So, I need to enlist your help with this research
Here are some questions that you can help answer.
  1. Do you buy tortillas, and if so, what kind?
  2. How do you make your choice?
  3. What is your choice based on (price, packaging, ingredients, habit, recommendation, other)?
  4. If you don't purchase tortillas, why not?

No comments: