Friday, March 5, 2010

Perseverance. Patience. Positivity.

Yesterday, around 12:45p, while mom and I were just finishing up Farmer's Market, my phone rang. I looked at the unrecognized 661 number, and thought, "It must be a potential pilates client or someone with a wrong number." I answered and was completely surprised that the voice on the other end belonged to the Assistant Business Editor of The Bakersfield Californian. He was in need of a response that was to be published in Friday's business section of the newspaper, and he needed it immediately.

It's pretty amazing that I actually answered my phone at that moment, because usually at the market, my phone doesn't ring, I don't hear it, or I'm just too busy to answer. The only reason the Editor knew about Created Whole was because of something that happened 2 months ago. Around the beginning of January, I had sent out press releases to writers at The Bakersfield Californian, and also to local TV stations.

Earlier Thursday morning, I had been thinking about our business and I rememberd that I had sent out the press releases. I frowned and had thought something along the lines that the things I do for the business are a waste of time and my press release must have sucked. Pretty negative.

Fast-forward again to the call. The only reason the Editor knew about Created Whole was because I had sent out the press release! It was in his inbox, in front of him. We were a solution to his deadline. Right there when we needed to be:)

Often, I expect life to happen on a specific timeline. I expect people to respond in a certain way, and events to unfold when I determine. Thinking this way is ridculous. The Editor calling reminds of a few things.
  1. Keep Working: You don't know when it will pay off. Perseverance.
  2. Keep Believing. Know that the work you do will have rewards. Patience.
  3. Keep Hoping. When things are not what you expect, have the attitude that it will. Positivity.

It's so important for me to be reminded that what feels like rejection may not be, to keep working because I believe in what we have, and stay positive even when it feels like nothing is happening.

Read the press release and the business feature!

Happy Weekend to All!

Kara

No comments: